10 things I want to remember about this time:
1. Reese is the smiliest, happiest baby. She wakes up with big smiles and laughs all day long at everything!
2. Sadie saying “No, thank you” when I ask her to clean up. At least she has manners.
3. Reese having loud, babbling conversations with herself and anyone that will listen.
4. Sadie starting conversations with “Once upon a time……..”
5. Reese raising her eyebrows at me knowingly. I don’t know what she knows but it’s something.
6. Sadie continuing to have zero interest in potty training. I want to remember this because surely it will be funny someday.
7. Reese exploring everything. She has no fear and dives into whatever her heart desires. Which is usually the dog food.
8. Sadie whispering to Dad “Don’t worry, Daddy, the angels will keep you safe.” We don’t know where she got this and are interpreting it as a message from the Big Guy.
9. Sadie and Reese spending time with Grandparents. Its just as fun to watch the grandparents having fun as it is watching the kids play!
10. How fast 10 months goes by. We’ve already started making plans for Reese’s first birthday and it feels like we just brought her home last week. Yet, here’s this little person that knows her name, pulls herself up on everything, laughs big, belly laughs, has the silliest disposition, plays games with big sister, loves everything she eats (prunes, sweet potatoes, mango, broccoli, strawberries, oatmeal, bananas, smoothies and banana bread!), and gives the snuggliest hugs. Her personality is starting to shine and she makes the world so bright.
I want to remember the sheer joy these kids bring to us and the world.
That, and the time they both slept past 6:00 AM.
Thank God for small miracles (human ones and otherwise)!